The CEO and founder of DJI made it a no secret that he is not happy with how the DJI Mavic Mini drone turned out. In fact, DJI Mavic Mini 2 is rumored to be released soon, sometimes in a matter of weeks. The recent FCC filing revealed the required label and location on the DJI Mavic Mini 2. In general, the FCC filings are a good indication that a new drone will be coming to the market soon in weeks, not months.
So far, information on the specifications and exact release date is hard to come by. As I mentioned before that the CEO and founder of DJI didn’t like how the Mavic Mini drone turned out, specifically with video quality. So we can expect some significant upgrades to the next generation of Mavic Mini drones.
Below are what we believe we will see in the DJI Mavic Mini 2 drone:
- 4K UHD video recording at 60 FPS
- Improved bitrate (currently the Mavic Mini records at 40 MB/S)
- Larger CMOS sensor 1/1.7 at 12 MP.
- Upgraded processor to manage increased video quality.
- Slightly more powerful motors for increased flight speed.
- Slightly different geometry to work with brand new brushless motors.
- Quieter and sleeker propeller design.
- Ability to process both RAW + DNG file format.
- Obstacle avoidance sensors for enhanced protections.
- Expanded intelligent flight modes for more autonomous flight options.
- Same battery size, but with new battery technology for longer flight time.
- Improved flight time (Mavic Mini has a flight time of 30 minutes).
- Weights under 0.55 lbs so that it doesn’t have to be registered with the FAA.
- Price will be a bit higher.
DJI Mavic Mini 2 Release Date
According to insider rumors, we could see DJI Mavic Mini 2 in the market around November. On final note, I do not expect the overall design of Mavic Mini 2 drone to be any different to its predecessor — despite a number of improvements that the next generation drone will bring to the table. What do you think of the Mavic Mini 2 drone? Are you excited about this smart camera drone? Let us know what you think in the comments below.
Stay tuned for more drone news and deals at Dronesfy. Happy flying and fly smart!